Specialist career guidance
Careers guidance interviews with qualified, experienced advisers are at the heart of the Building Bridges programme.
We aim to build a trusting relationship with each client for as long as they need our support, empowering clients to make informed decisions and take positive steps forward in their career. All interviews are client-centred and confidential. The Careers Adviser provides empathic listening, an assessment of the client’s needs, clear accurate information and guidance for career planning.
At the end of each appointment the adviser and client agree an action plan and this is reviewed in follow-up sessions. These sessions help clients rebuild their confidence, gain tools to progress and feel well-supported through their professional journey to registration.
Topics covered in careers guidance sessions can include:
- The client’s clinical and non-clinical work experience
- Qualifications overseas and in the UK
- The client’s personal situation (health, welfare, housing, family) and the impact on their career progression – with referrals if appropriate
- Accessing volunteering and NHS work placements
- Employment coaching and support to get into paid work: CVs, interviews, applications